Tale Of The Miracle Spice: Turmeric
Back in our childhood when we used to have pain or injury, whatever the doctor may suggest, the only grandma knows that turmeric is the solution. From turmeric milk to turmeric latte, it has become a westernized concept. But is it true? We have been reading and cultivating turmeric since ancient times and it is deeply engraved in our Vedas.
Turmeric in Ayurveda
Turmeric is an Ayurvedic remedy used for 4,000 years. We have learnt to make medicines using turmeric.
Turmeric is the golden spice of life and the presence of curcumin in it makes its benefits limitless. Its properties include anti-oxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-mutagenic and so on. It is used in Ayurveda to balance Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, though, in excess, it can aggravate Pitta and Vata. It has many beneficial effects for Rasa and Rakta Dhatus (the blood and plasma of the circulatory system). It also kindles Agni (digestive fire), helping reduce Kapha and Ama (toxins). Apart from treating ailments like Diabetes, Digestion, Arthritic pain, it has a baronial effect on the skin.
We believe in Ohria that “Skin eats whatever we apply externally”. So it is important to use organic, natural and artificial chemical-free products. Our products bring you closer to nature, with ingredients chosen for sake of health, creating beauty in balance. Use of ingredients like Kasturi Manjal, saffron, pure plant extracts, besan, kokum is what makes our products stand out
Proven Benefits of Turmeric:
It fights free radical damage & is a powerful antioxidant so it is a potent age delay potion. Evens & brightens the skin tone, stimulates hair growth & disinfects the scalp thus treating dandruff effectively. It is anti-inflammatory natural antiseptic so fights acne, Natural Sun protectant & repairs sun damage. Deeply hydrates, revitalise skin & restores elasticity.
DID YOU KNOW?
- FACT: Turmeric protects the skin against UV damage by oxidising itself. Ohria’s turmeric lotion blends turmeric extract which is a natural sun protectant
- FACT: Turmeric is a super dose of antioxidants that protects against environment depletion and antioxidants protects against oxidative damage Ohria’s day lotion contains turmeric as a potent antioxidant.
- FACT: There is a variety of turmeric known as Kasturi Manjal which looks and smells like Kasturi, The deer musk. it does even stain the skin yellow like kitchen turmeric Ohria has used Kasturi manjal in Shri Kamya beauty oil. It prevents skin from oxidative damage.
- FACT: Turmeric is a potent ingredient for skin lightening, depigment and for reducing dark spots. OHRIA has used the ancient formulas and infused turmeric in the right proportions in our Turmeric and Saffron cream. It lightens skin and reduces dark spots. Protects skin against all the damage including sun, pollution & stress all day long.
- FACT: Turmeric brightens and softens skin. Ohria’s Haldi, Besan and Marigold bathing bar is the perfect solution for skin softening and brightening.
- FACT: Turmeric is used for exfoliating skin and decongesting pores. Ohria Tej Vardhak Ubtan has skin whitening, polishing and deep cleansing properties.
- FACT: Bridals are given turmeric lepams for brightening the complexion, restoring and rejuvenating skin. Ohria’s Bridal Face Glow Ritual kit restores skin and rejuvenates it into the glowing and brightening complexion. Camouflaging blemishes or dark spots with concealer can never be compared to what Ayurvedic turmeric can leave us with.
So here we will share a DIY face mask for flawless and spotless skin.
DO IT YOURSELF WITH TURMERIC BY RAJNI OHRI
For Oily skin
Blend Oats Flour (2 teaspoons) or OHRIA Lodhra Vacha Face Pack, turmeric (1/2 teaspoon), curd (1/2 teaspoon) to get a paste like consistency. Apply, let it dry & wash off.
For Dry skin
For Ohria Masque, you can use Almond powder or Avbhasini Face Masque. Blend Avbhasini face pack (2 teaspoons) with honey (1 teaspoon), turmeric ( a pinch ) to revitalise skin with a renewed glow.
Mix a teaspoon of turmeric in Ohria Organic coconut oil. Apply for an hour before each wash to stimulate hair growth and prevent dandruff. A super easy tip will be to add a teaspoon of turmeric to OHRIA Neem & Triphala Hair Cleanser, it will disinfect scalp while it cleanses.
Turmeric the ultimate solution!
Benefits of turmeric have been tried and tested in Ayurveda for years. Turmeric is a golden spice that comes with magical properties. Using it in the kitchen can do wonders and solve many health and beauty related problems. Including it in beauty ritual will ensure a healthy skin with luminous sheen. From potent anti-inflammatory properties to dramatically boosting antioxidant properties, this miracle spice is going to become the best tool in your beauty regime.
Leave a comment